Goto Download Area.
"Skid" is a Java object-broker used in the Asgaard-framework built on pure Java components. This object-broker focusses on transparent persistent Java beans without the need of a proprietary enterprise server. "Skid" collaborates potentially with every SQL-server. We implemented a JDBC flatfile - driver as well as mySQL, and Oracle 8 has also been tested successfully.
What is Skid?Skid is a collection of pure Java-classes implementing an object broker for bean-based data-objects implementing the RemoteBean interface for distributed applications.
Features of data objects implementing the RemoteBean interface:
- Transparent persistence for data objects;
- Implementation of a special kind of relationship called "link" between data objects to load objects at runtime which are explicitely called dynamic;
- Searching for data objects about a automatically generated keyset intuitive filter classes;
- Implementation of an explicit event-log to enable push-capabilities.
Features of the object broker implementing the RemoteBroker interface:
- Transparent local or remote service for distributed application using the RMI mechanism;
- The broker can be remotely accessed using the RemoteBrokerinterface;
- Encapsulation from different database server using an flatfile-driver if no database-server is available;
- Zero administration of the Skid-server using the Log-server for Backup and service-messaging.
Read more here.
Complete DistributionThe Distribution is under GNU public license Version 2; there is absolutely NO WARRANTY on this software.
A complete distribution contains one compressed zip-archive
- skid.zip 2.0.8 experimental release
Documentation OnlyFor a more detailed online documentation click here and there is a printable version in pdf.
Additionally, the basics of the design are outlined in the German master thesis Design einer Datenbank für kontextspezifische Daten, Pläne und deren zeitlichen Verlauf at the Vienna Technical University, 1998.
- SUN JDK 1.1.6 or higher
- SQL Server with level 4 JDBC driver available (optional)
Sorry, there is no support on this software yet, but feel free to send all your remarks, bug-reports and ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org. I hope that this piece of software will help you.